There Is Science To Be Done

Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 16 - July 20 Recap

July 16

Final Day of Testing

Picking up where we left off last Friday, we continued the tests with the thermocouples. We also spent some time planning out what our presentation would look like now that we had some more information.

July 17

Reflection Paper

Upon the completion of the tests yesterday, we commenced work on our reflection paper. I'll post the completed copy at the end of the month. The grad student is out of town the rest of the week, so we're on our own for now.

July 18

Reflection Paper, Poster

Similarly to yesterday, we worked on our reflection paper for most of the day, as well as collaborated on what our poster would look like.

July 19

Reflection Paper, Poster

Today I finished up my reflection paper. It took longer than hoped since I completely ignored the rubric on the first draft and had to rewrite most of it. We also began writing the text posts for the poster, as well as deciding which pictures to include.

July 20

Poster, Powerpoint

While my partner took control of the production of the poster, I spent the day beginning work on the powerpoint. After reviewing the presentations from last year's students, I began outlining what I'd want it to look like. I also gathered some more information from outside sources that we could use in both the powerpoint and the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment